A Glimpse of Eternity

It's a funny thing to me, this serving God thing. I've always found that when I get weary in life and find myself on the brink of quitting, I remind God that I'm here and that I could really use a reason to not jump. He has always been faithful. He shows me a glimpse of eternity in those I serve whether it be a kind word, a realization they have come to, or just the sight of God growing in their hearts. It's enough to keep me going. It's enough to give me the courage to hold my sword and shield up a little longer. I also find it funny that the next morning that same person will nearly miss a ride to school and forget to take out the trash because the snooze bar was attacked too many times. No worries, I know God is growing there and isn't that really what it's all about, planting a seed and knowing it is taking root?

0 comments: