Prayer...It Does A Spirit Good

Okay so it's no secret that our business has been slow and money is scarce, but despite all that we are holding on the the knowledge that God is in control and is able to meet all of our needs. So, we've been praying a lot lately as things get a little hectic and asking God to help us trust in Him and His ability to provide for even the smallest details. Here was His answer.

Someone was praying for our family yesterday. Someone, who knows our situation, lifted our family up in prayer. Someone else, responded to that prayer at God's bidding, and helped to meet a great need we have. The particulars of the need isn't important. The fact that God spoke to that person, and that person was obedient is important. In addition, another door was opened and some of the details we've been concerned about were met. I am blown away. Just when you start to wonder how God is going to come through and just when you start to lose hope, things like this happen. I usually prefer to be on the other end of this story, but I understand how important it is for me to be on this end. It's important for me to know that an act of obedience can change a life, and it's important for me to share this with you.

Now to get on my soap box
If God has put it on your heart to do something....DO IT! Look how greatly this person has touched our hearts. They have no idea what they have set into motion. Their obedience has inspired us to keep plowing ahead. Their obedience to God has sparked in us the hope that God's people are alive and well. Their obedience has sparked in us the realization that God is watching our life and is concerned about the details that we spend so much time worrying about. As I write, I am receiving phone calls from my husband telling me that details I have been handing over to God and trying not to stress about are being taken care of by people who are watching and acting. Your act, could be an answer to prayer. Do no underestimate your act of obedience. This act of obedience has set into motion a chain of events that will change our lives and the life of one young man who the world tried to throw away. Don't you want to be a part of something like that? I do.

0 comments: