Dressed For War With No Where To Go

Today I want to write about something important, something meaningful. I feel as though I am alive and awake and aware of the ongoing assault on our human spirits and find myself desiring to fight back against the unseen enemy. Even as I type I find I hesitate. I hesitate to speak of unseen enemies. I hesitate to speak of unseen things that are at work. As I have these thoughts I remember the words of the Usual Suspects Verbal, The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. Do we as Christians believe this unseen enemy exists? Is our lack of belief what has us in our current state? The Christians I watch are either too busy fighting amongst themselves, trying to keep their heads above water, or content in the comfort of their pews. When do we begin to put on the armor of God that Paul speaks of in Ephesians? I suppose I am growing weary of religiosity and we good people who stand by and do nothing about it. I am growing weary of seeing so many people in need of God and doing nothing. I am growing weary of those who hurt and weep for a lack of God and doing nothing. I am growing weary of having the desire to take on the unseen enemy and doing nothing. I have spent my whole life preparing for spiritual warfare...now what?

1 comments:

DC Le Peau said...

now its time for kicking butt and chewing bubble gum.

whats that? your all out of bubble gum?

DC Le Peau said...

now its time for kicking butt and chewing bubble gum.

whats that? your all out of bubble gum?