Stagnant in Spirit

I recently started subscribing to a newsletter by Wayne Cordeiro, pastor of New Hope Christian Fellowship Oahu. I read his book Doing Church As a Team and Dream Releasers and was impressed by the simplicity of the concepts and the depth of their impact. So when I received the invite for this newletter, I was naturally open to it. The first newsletter hit me where I live. It was titled Keeping Our Spirit Fresh. I didn't realize until I read that article that I allowed my spirit to grow stagnant this week. I know it's only a week, but a week in my life is a long time to go without time with God. All week I have felt like I am giving and giving out of an empty well. I know my quiet time got put on the back burner with the craziness of our schedule. I told myself I'd catch up on it later. I realize today that later, never comes when I want it to. And so, here I am. Feeling under the weather. Being forced to rest. I know what I need to do and I will do it. My spirit is stagnant and I will go to the only One who can refresh my spirit.

0 comments: