Abnormalities

That's what they said. There were some abnormalities with your son's EEG. It's funny. We haven't really process through the whole gambit of emotions, but we're not freaked like I thought we might be. I was actually a little relieved. I believe my response to the doctor when she told me there were abnormalities was "Oh good!" Don't get me wrong, I don't want there to be abnormalities, but it give us some clues in recent events. I think my complete response probably should have been..."Oh good! We are not crazy. We were right to be concerned."
As we've begun this process we've had people ask us if we are okay and my response has been, we're fine. And we are. I'm listening to my son, who had an abnormalities with his EEG, play his new piece of music on the piano with precision and perfection. It's the sweetest thing I have ever heard. My son will be fine. I have a promise, a promise from my Creator and his Creator. He will be fine. And so will we. The real abnormality is that we have such a peace about the next couple of weeks. That's abnormal.

0 comments: