Rose Canyon


This weekend was a very relaxing one. I lounged around all day Saturday, which was nice, but left me feeling a little lazy. So, I redeemed myself, by making half-cooked chocolate cookie bars. Yeah, that hit the spot. We lounged by the pool most of the evening making it a completely unproductive day. Well, I take that back, I rejuvenated myself and was now ready to take on Sunday. What happened Sunday? Well, we headed to Rose Canyon to fish and relax. Now I have to admit, relaxing proved to be a little more difficult that anticipated at picturesque Rose Canyon. My children quickly took up the fine art of crawdad fishing. It was more like trapping than fishing, but let's not get into technicalities, okay. Anyway, the first hour was noisy! I was stunned by the group beside us who yelled, screamed, shrieked, whatever you want to call it, at every crawdad my kids caught. Not to mention the crying babies, who I imagined, just wanted to go home. It wasn't all bad, once they settled down, I was able to relax and enjoy the peaceful noises of the lake and the wind blowing through the trees. We will definitely have to do that again. I am finding, I am more of a nature girl than I imagined I would ever be.
Don't worry, no crawdads were killed during this fishing trip. They may be missing claws, but there were no fatalities.

0 comments: