Sacrifice in the Name of Love

Many times we are asked to sacrifice things in the name of love. Those things can be anything from a car to a hobby. We often sacrifice for a friend, a spouse, a child, or a career. But what about God. What happens we we are asked to sacrifice in the name of love for God? Who can prove that it was God who asked for the sacrifice? Who can prove it wasn't? My husband is faced with such a choice and so by my relation to him I am faced with it as well. It isn't easy to look at. It sure raises the question: How can we be sure we're moving in God's will? We so thought we were right on track. However, now it seems that the very thing we are being asked to sacrifice is one of the things we were sure was part of God's will for our life. I don't mean to be such a downer, but I like to keep things real here. That's what is going on in the life of this feral Christian today. I'll tell you though, I'm starting to wonder if I really want to be on the wild side. It's a little more dramatic here. I like to keep things neat and orderly. I like my ducks in a row and ready to roll. Right now it feels like my ducks all over the lake with no intent of returning.

1 comments:

Travis Hart said...

It's hard to see a fellow sister in Christ struggle with such questions. But what is even harder, is to see a close friend's heart hurt. My heart ached as I read this. I don’t want you to go through this!!! But it’s not my will that is to be done, right. I will be praying for clarity and piece of mind for you and your husband. You are great people and I am glad to call you friend.

Travis Hart said...

It's hard to see a fellow sister in Christ struggle with such questions. But what is even harder, is to see a close friend's heart hurt. My heart ached as I read this. I don’t want you to go through this!!! But it’s not my will that is to be done, right. I will be praying for clarity and piece of mind for you and your husband. You are great people and I am glad to call you friend.