Follow Me

As we continue to pray for direction in our lives, I am learning a lesson about my DAD. My reading today was Acts 1. It struck me today that as the disciples waited for the promise of the Holy Spirit, they had no idea what they were waiting for. Jesus told them to wait and they did. The questions must have been marinating in their minds.
What is the Holy Spirit?
What will this look like?
How will it happen?
How will we know it has happened?
As I read Acts 1, I know what they are waiting for, but for the first time I understand they did not. I understand this feeling right now. Waiting! Waiting for a promise from God can be a bit unnerving. How will I know I am going in the right way? How will I know it has happened? How will I know I have followed His Will? And then He answers. So sweet and so convicting....don't you know my voice by now? How long have you followed me? How long have you loved me? How long have I held you in my hand and kept you with me? You will know because you know ME. It's both reassuring and unsettling, if you know me at all. I second guess almost everything I do. It's something I am working on, but it will be a life-long process. I know HIM! My whole life God has been the air I breathe, as the songwriter so passionately wrote, I am desperate for Him, and I truly am lost without Him. It's true I am a bit lost with Him, but at least one of us knows where I am. Right?

0 comments: