Acts 2 Christianity

As I was reading today I noticed something about the Acts Christians life.
Acts 2:42 says they were devoted to four things.
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

1. The apostles' teachings
2. Fellowship
3. The breaking of bread (including the Lord's supper)
4. Prayer

Those are pretty straightforward and to the point. And I began to wonder today, what would my life look like if those were the things I devoted myself to? I know our pastor talked about this a couple of weeks ago, but I really want to park on this for a while. How would it change my life if I focused on these four things? The outreach they did afterwards only came from the devotion to these practices. They didn't feel the need to organize a day of outreach, it just came natural to them. Was it because they had devoted themselves to studying God's teachings? Was it because they had been fellowshipping with each other? Was it because they had broken bread together and spent time contemplating the sacrifice Jesus had just made for them? Was it because they had been immersed in prayer for each other and the will of God for their lives? These are questions that are running through my mind.

0 comments: