But God, No One Will Listen!


As I continued reading about Moses today in Exodus, one verse stuck out to me.
So Moses told the people of Israel what the Lord had said, but they refused to listen anymore. They had become too discouraged by the brutality of their slavery. ~Exodus 6:8
No one would listen to the man God had sent to deliver them. What is even more comical is the conversation that takes place between God and Moses in verse twelve. And understand I am completely paraphrasing.
God ~ Moses go do what I've told you to do please.
Moses ~ But God, no one will listen to me. What makes you think Pharaoh will listen to me?
God ~ He won't. He's going to be stubborn. I'm going to make you look like a god who can do miracles and he's going to ignore us. Then we're going to punish him, and he still won't listen. But I'll eventually win.

Moses did go. Pharaoh was stubborn. I'm not finished reading this story, but I know the outcome. God will win.

Things look so overwhelming right now in our lives, but I know I serve a big God. I know He is in control and if I know anything I know, He will win in the story of my life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.