Yellow Belts


I almost cheated my kids out of an awesome experience. They were to test to earn their yellow belt in Tang Soo (martial arts) and I was nervous they would not pass. They didn't seem to be ready. They didn't seem to understand how serious this was. What was wrong with them?! I heard that little voice inside (the one that is so much smarter than I and therefore must be God) tell me not to do it. I almost didn't listen. I had dozens of good reasons to ignore the voice. Ultimately, the voice won. I would keep my mouth shut. The kids are now yellow belts. The look on their faces was priceless. I almost cheated them out of it. I almost took that away from them. Thank God that He intervened. They are so pleased with themselves. I can tell this has been a life lesson for them and for me.

0 comments: