Blocking and Attacking Among Other Things

Genesis 1:1-2:25; Matthew 1:1-2:12; Psalm 1:1-6; Proverbs 1:1-6
As I was reading today, I was drawn to the genealogy portion of Matthew. I have read it way too many times before, but today I saw something new in it. It is interesting to me that Joseph's line goes back to King David. I'm sure that Joseph knew he had the blood of kings running through his veins. So, I have to assume that he understood the significance of kings. I suppose he had to have a grasp on king thinking.
As for Proverbs, this first portion is a sort of objective list for the reader. "Here's what this book is for..." and ironically it has something for everyone.
totally off the topic, I learned something in my tang soo class this weekend that gave me some insight into my spiritual life. I learned to block hits. And my sparring partner made the comment that when you block you want to quickly attack. Attacking after a block will catch your opponent off guard and earn you points. Block when you're enemy waiting for it and you gain no ground. I've spent my Christian life blocking the mental attacks I often go through, I have never dreamed of attacking. How can this apply? I'm sure it must.

0 comments: