No Pain, No Gain

As I endeavor to improve spiritually and physically I am feeling the effects of my decision already. I began martial arts classes yesterday. Yeah, I know, it's a little crazy, but I figured, what the heck. I completed my first class feeling invigorated and energized. I was pumped. I am going to be so cool! I am going to be a lean mean Tang Soo machine (that is the name of my martial art). Fast forward to today. OWWW! I am sore in places I didn't even know I was using yesterday. I must admit it is uncomfortable to feel this way, but secretly I like it. I suppose it isn't a secret anymore. I've now published it on a public blog, oh well. I like knowing that I am disciplining myself to be more. I like knowing that this pain I feel today is a signal that someday strength will take it's place.

0 comments: