It's more important to have love

I was driving home from a presentation a couple of nights ago and listening to a favorite podcast, when a statement was made that hit me: It is more important that my home is filled with love than it is to have order. I heard this and was brought to tears. Why am I crying? I couldn't understand it. So I started talking to Dad (you may call Him God) and asked him about this. Flashes of my life began to unfold before me. Life has always been ordered and structured. It has always had love but the structure was what I took away from it. I began to realize that my home was filled with more order than love. My children are growing quickly and soon I will be out of time. What do I want them to take away from their childhood?
I know it is more important to have love than order, but my mind wouldn't accept it. So I have purposed to deliberately leave one thing undone today. I will replace once activity of order with one activity of love. It's going to bother me to leave it undone, but I am sure I will get used to it. It is more important to have love. Order never got me through rough times, but love always has.

0 comments: