Disconnected

I read the poem by Maya Angelou this morning and it made me think.
It made me think about how connected or should I say disconnected we are from each other. Our family joined a small group linked to our church recently and have found it to be one of the highlights of our week. We have begun forging new friendships and have continued reinforcing current friendships. We need each other. There is no way we were meant to live life alone. We work better when we are connected and involved with each other's lives. It is messy and it is inconvenient at times, but I can't think of a better way to spend energy. It is refreshing to know that I have people to turn to when I am going through the darkest day of my life and to also know that I will not have to celebrate life's joys alone. There will be people there to stand along side of us.
I'm baffled that I choose to be disconnected for so long. I love being a part of a community now that we have actually put some effort into it. Why do you think we are more content to live disconnected?

0 comments: