Armor Of God

I've shared this with my friends before, but I thought I should look at it again. I was required to memorize it as a child in the private school I attended and it has always stuck with me. I won't comment on it as it really needs no commentary from me.

The Armor of God

In the name of Jesus and by his blood, I put on the Helmet of Salvation. I wash my mind in the blood of Jesus and I keep my mind stayed on perfect peace, as I keep my mind stayed on God. I have the mind of Christ, therefore I take authority over every thought that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and I bring it into the obedience of His Word. I guard what I think, what I hear, what I see and I set a watch before my mouth to speak only that which ministers God’s grace to the hearer.

I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness and I choose to let Peace be my umpire today, settling with finality all questions that arise in me today. I choose to minister peace to those I come in contact with today, for I have been given the ministry of reconciliation.


I put on the Belt of Truth and I choose to let the Spirit of Truth lead and guide me into all truth today. I will speak the truth in love.

I put on my feet the Sandals of Peace. I allow the peace of God to rule in my heart today. I will choose to be anxious for nothing but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, offer my requests to God. And the peace of God which is higher than my understanding will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. I run to meet others in peace and am ready to make peace with those I am in conflict with.

In my right hand I take the Sword of the Spirit and I cut myself free from every ungodly soul tie, and every ungodly personality trait that hinders me from being what God has called me to be. I choose this day to walk in the knowledge of God’s Word and to resist the devil with the Word of God.

In my left hand I take the Shield of Faith and walk in the God kind of faith to successfully stop every trick and temptation the devil would throw at me today, for I have the power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy. And nothing by any means shall harm me as I walk in the authority of God’s Word.

I submit myself to God today and I march behind the barricade of the Cross of Calvary, led by His Spirit and cleansed by his blood. Therefore I actively resist the devil and he has to flee from me.

Prayer is my final weapon and without prayer my line to You, Father is invalid. Therefore, I am here to meet with You, please come and meet with me. I am here to find You, please reveal yourself to me. I will talk with You today about every decision I face for I know that only You can give me divine insight into my day. I draw near to God and He draws near to me. I am an over comer through the blood of Jesus and the Word of my testimony. Thank you, Father for being present with me today. I place my hand in the hand of the Master and choose to walk with You today!

0 comments: