Like A Rock

Those who trust in the LORD are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides forever.
Psalm 125:1 (NAS)

I like that this verse specifically addresses those who trust in the Lord. It is a choice. It is a daily decision for me. I choose to trust in the Lord or I choose not to. How I start my day will be a pretty good indicator of how I will finish my day. If I take time to talk to God and acknowledge Him in my life, I find I do this for the rest of the day. If I jump out of bed and get to business without addressing Him, I usually feel tired, overwhelmed, worn out, and angry. These are the days I am short-tempered with those around me. These are the days that will require me to make apologies later on. I don't particularly like those days, but I suppose it serves me right for assuming I could do it on my own.
I realize I have gotten off the point. The point is that trusting in the Lord is a first step. This step comes with a side effect of it's own. Those who trust in the Lord are as Mount Zion. I think that is pretty cool. I'm like Mount Zion when I trust in the Lord. I also like how the author just throws in the next fact, which cannot be moved. I suppose one could take this to mean that we will not be moved from our spot, but I wonder if it means something else. I like to imagine it means that when I trust in the Lord, when I really choose to trust in Him, nothing will be able to make me stop. The only thing that can make me stop is ME. Otherwise, I will continue to stay in my course of trusting God once I choose it. I like that kind of trust. I also like the second part, which abides forever. This trust I am giving isn't fleeting. It will not disappear. If I continue to trust in the Lord, He is committed to eternity. He is committed to being who He is forever. I know I like that. Now, I am pursuing the lifestyle of trusting God in my daily life. As I stated before, there are days I don't do this so well, but the days I do are getting more frequent. And maybe, just maybe someday I too will be, Like a Rock.

0 comments: