My Throw Down With God.

Me and God had a throw-down today.  It was pretty intense.  I was listening to the Pastor Man on the podcast today.  I missed the main event on Saturday night and wanted to find out what I missed.  We're going through Nehemiah and if you've been keeping up with the blog you know, I'm getting a lot out of it.  You would be too if you were listening in.  Anyway, I'm rabbit trailing.
So today I'm listening to the most recent talk and God starts whispering to me.  Mind you, He's been whispering for a while, but I've been deflecting Him with other conversations.  Today He would be heard.  It went something like this
GOD: Hey I really want you to do something.
Me: I am doing something.
GOD: I want you to do this thing though.
Me: Ummmm, I don't think this is God.
GOD: Yeah chick, it's me. 
Me: Ummmm, I don't really think that I want to do that.
GOD: But will you do it?
Me: Ummm, No?
GOD: Okay.
Me: Wait, wait, wait.....But I don't want to do it.
GOD: I heard you say that already.
Me: I'm going to end up doing it, You know I will.  You know I want to do whatever You want me to do, but I want to go on record as saying I don't want to do it, so You're going to have to do something about that.
Then the response was so appropriate, it melted my heart. 
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jeremiah 29:11
The big idea from the message was, Don't ask God what He wants you to do, ask God who He wants you to be.  As you start to see who God wants you to be, you start to behave out of that knowledge.  If you ask God what He wants you to do, it's easy to find reasons why you can't do it.  Ask God who He wants me to be?  I did.  Who He wants me to be, is different than what I want me to be.  But as I put the two together I realized, He's trying to give me a hope and a future.  And the two, do go together, just not in the way I was planning.  How can I go wrong with God's plan?  So, God wins, again.  Sweet defeat.

0 comments: