Four Schools and a Guarantee

Jeepers creepers! The past month has been a whirlwind of activity.  Our lives are filled with school, tang soo (martial arts), volleyball prep, basketball games, church, and meetings.  Our family has attended more meetings this year than last year this time.  Is it always this difficult to stay involved and informed?
Our school has been faced with the "opportunity" to merge with another school in an attempt to save funding for the district.  We are being asked to choose one of four schools to merge with.  I've been doing my part to stay informed and educated.  It's overwhelming.  Half way through the process I asked my husband this question: Why didn't they just decide for us?  It's so much energy and confusion and stress to think of what is in the best interest of my children's education.  But isn't that my job as a parent?  Yes, it is.  So, we've prayed, gathered information, researched, and researched some more and we've come to one conclusion: There are no guarantees we will make the "right" decision.  I think that is what I've been looking for in all of this research and it eludes me continually.
What it boils down to, is the system needs Jesus.  I am a parent who is involved and dedicated to the best interest of my children, whatever that may be, but not every child at my school has that.  For every parent that has a parent who shows up, we have two that don't.  For every child we have a home life that may or may not involve Jesus.  We've tried to make this decision based on the research we've done, but who's  to say that will not fail us.  There are no guarantees.  The only guarantee is Jesus and so we make our choice and trust He will meet us no matter where we land.

0 comments: