Another Year Older

Anyone who knows me, knows I am very introspective when it comes to anniversaries, holidays, and birthdays. It's my birthday again. I remember the days when the year between my birthdays just seemed to drag on and on. I couldn't wait to be 13 or 16 or 18 or 21. Now, the years just seem to fly by and my birthdays sneak up on me, tap me on the shoulder and yell SURPRISE!
I must admit, though, that I am very happy with my life. I am happy to be the wife of a godly man who adores me and would swim through shark infested waters just to bring me a glass of wine. I am happy to be a mother, who is finally having more good days than bad days, and realizes she has some pretty cool kids. I am in a family that is one of the best families a woman can be a part of. It has been work, the hardest work I have ever done, but it has been so worth it. I am 34 and happy and proud of the choices I have made and how God has blessed those choices.

0 comments: