Godly Woman With A Little Fight Left In Her

Okay so it's confession time. Every once in a while I watch those GodTV or Daystar channels just to see what's going on in the religious community. There's one in particular that is geared towards women. I was watching it yesterday and I have to say, I was VERY disappointed. Why does it seem that "Godly" women are always portrayed as meek, mild, quiet, tempered, well-behaved women? It makes it impossible for women like myself to feel as if we are truly Godly. I am not quiet although God has tempered me. I am not mild by any definition of the word. I am passionate, loud, eccentric (which I realize is just another word for crazy), and I am a fighter. I behave myself only according to what God requires. If I am confronted with the enemy of my heart, I do not shrink back into the safety of my husbands arms, I call my man and we take that enemy on together. We double team him. If I see the enemy of my faith trying to destroy what God has done in me, I come out swinging full force.
Why am I talking about this? Let me tell you. My community is under attack by an unseen force. The bad guy would love nothing more than to win this battle. But he won't, not if I have anything to do with it. We, as Christians, sometimes cower and hide in the face of adversity, fearing we have angered some unjust god. We forget that Matthew 11:12 tells us that since the birth of John the Baptist the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing and that violent people are attacking it. So, what should we do. Should we wait for someone to come and rescue us? Should we wait for someone to come in and do the fighting for us? Should we sit idly by and watch as our community is attacked? I will not. I was born for such a time as this! I was born to stand in the gap with the saints and claim the victory God already has won. I will not back down. I will not falter. It will be hard and I will want to quit, but I know what is at stake here. My faith will go on. I will always serve God. I have already decided this. But the faith I pass on to my children is on the line. They will comprehend faith by the way my husband and I live it out in front of them. I want them to see something of substance and value. I want them to see a God that is powerful beyond all belief. If they are to see that, I must live it out in front of them. So, bring it on. I suppose this is my way of putting the enemy of my faith on alert. He's been served notice that he will not win here in my home. I call those of my community to do the same.

1 comments:

DC Le Peau said...

as i was reading this post i realized how many characteristics you share with my mother (this is a good thing). she is a loud, a scrapper, someone who challenges the norm in the church and what a "Godly Woman" is supposed to look like. She is constantly reminded in her home church that most people are not like her and maybe even disagree with ideals that we are supposed to fight to expand the church and the love of Jesus.

i have seen a portion of the attack on our community that you and john have seen and those who are left are scrappers, people who are willing to fight in the trenches. what a witness it will be for you childen to see God's will at work in the dirty and difficult areas and when we come out of the trenches the glory of God will be revealed that much more!

DC Le Peau said...

as i was reading this post i realized how many characteristics you share with my mother (this is a good thing). she is a loud, a scrapper, someone who challenges the norm in the church and what a "Godly Woman" is supposed to look like. She is constantly reminded in her home church that most people are not like her and maybe even disagree with ideals that we are supposed to fight to expand the church and the love of Jesus.

i have seen a portion of the attack on our community that you and john have seen and those who are left are scrappers, people who are willing to fight in the trenches. what a witness it will be for you childen to see God's will at work in the dirty and difficult areas and when we come out of the trenches the glory of God will be revealed that much more!