Mystery

Colossians 1:25 - 27
I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
This is quickly becoming my favorite passage. I have always known it, but it never made sense to me. I think I am coming to understand what it means to my life. It may not apply to yours, but it's working for me and changing the way I think about my relationship with God.
I have this vision of myself. It's the best version of Angie. I am good, kind, humble, thoughtful, considerate, generous, and most of all godly. This isn't who I am all the time right now, but it is something I aspire to be. The mystery, I believe, is that God, through Jesus' work, has made it possible for me to have hope that someday I may get there. As I develop my relationship with God, I get closer to my and most likely His goal for my life. As I get closer to Him, His thoughts become my thoughts, His ways become my ways, and I start fulfilling my purpose here on the earth. The world is changed as I am changed, with God's power and nothing else. But I must have a relationship with Him to achieve this. I think this is where we make it too hard. We do way too much to prove our relationship. I know I have done this. Instead, my focus should be on developing my relationship with God. I know it sounds simple, but maybe that was the light yoke that Jesus spoke of in Matthew 11. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to know what you all think.

0 comments: