A New Perspective On Waiting...

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
When I think of waiting on God I think of two images. One is waiting, as a server is waiting on someone in the hopes of obtaining a tip for good service; one is waiting, sitting idly twiddling their thumbs waiting for things to happen. I don't like either one of those images. I have been doing the second kind of waiting. I'm not mounting with wings as eagles. I'm running and growing weary. I'm walking and I feel like fainting. My waiting must be wrong, in my analysis. Further research into the word waiting gave me a better perspective on what kind of waiting I'm to be doing. I want the promises God has offered and I am willing to do what is required to get those promises. The word waiting isn't what I thought it was. The word waiting means to bind together, perhaps by twisting.
But they that bind together with the Lord, shall renew their strength...
WOW! This I can do. I can bind myself to the Lord and not let go. I can hold on to Him and go wherever He takes me. I can immerse myself in Him and lose myself into Him. I already feel like I'm regaining energy.

0 comments: