You Will Fail


Today's reading led me to Luke 22. This is the chapter of the last supper, the moment Jesus tells his disciples that He will die, and furthermore their faith will be tested. Simon Peter, specifically, is informed of his upcoming failure. I'm sure Peter must have felt a sense of betrayal at the news. "Jesus, how could you imagine that I would deny you?" Enraged and wounded he informs Jesus that he would die for Him. Then, Simon Peter denies his Lord, not only once, but three times. I have felt this sense of disappointment, while I admit, I'm sure Peter's was a little more intense. But to deny your best friend three times is horrible. But to do it and then remember that your best friend already knew you would fail him in this away, must have stung the heart with great intensity. Did Simon Peter hear Jesus' words echoing in his ears after the offense? "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." (Luke 22:-31-32) Simon, you will fail me, but don't let your faith in me fail you. This is just powerful to me today. I will fail God from time to time, but will I allow my faith in God to fail me? Brings new perspective to mistakes and faith.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.