I Wanted To Change the World

Okay, so yesterday was a tough one. I didn't think I was going to make it with my sanity or my faith in tact. I remember as a little girl praying and asking God to use me in whatever way He saw fit. I NEVER dreamed He would do with me what He has. Don't get me wrong, I'm still up for the race, but did you ever get the feeling you signed up for the wrong competition. Like I'm a amateur and I wonder sometimes if I accidentally signed up for the pros. There's no way I'm in the right competition. Ephesians 3:20 says it best. "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." My husband and I asked a good friend for guidance on the situation and I knew when she started with "she's not going to like what I'm going to say" that this was another opportunity for me to grow. It's good to have friends who will be honest with you. Firends who will tell you the truth even though they know it's not what you want to hear. It is the faithfulness of such friends that Proverbs speaks of in chapter 27 verse 6. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. Someone asked me yesterday how I was and I started crying (something I hate to do in public). My only response was "it's not a pain free job, changing the world". And my only hope is that is what we are doing. Otherwise, what's the point?
For those of you keeping track, my next fear to overcome is the fear of appearing incompetent.

0 comments: