Extreme Makeover

I am awakened this morning by the growing list of things to do. It drives and compels me from my bed. I am rested and ready to take on the day but feel overwhelmed by my roles this morning. I know that my God will sustain me. Did I not read of His promise yesterday? He will sustain me. He is more than enough to see me through this day.
I must laugh as I stand outside myself and look at this person I am becoming. Who is she? She is motivated, optimistic, hopeful, and ready to take on life. She is not the fearful little person I once knew. She is not intimidated. She is not hesitant. I love God. He so totally rocks. It is by His hand and His hand alone that I am here. Without Him, I would have nothing.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
Psalms 40:1-4

0 comments: