Kingdom

Okay, so my hubby and I went out to a movie on our date night. We saw the movie Kingdom, which was actually pretty good. I can't say that with confidence, as I got nauseous half way through. The camera moved around a lot and apparently, I get motion sickness. Ah, the joys of growing old. But that isn't my point.
During the movie, two of the big wigs were having a confrontation. The "good" big wig was being threatened with losing his job by the "cowardly" big wig. I really liked the "good" B.W. answer. I can't remember it word for word, but I'll try and give you the gist of it.
While was in Viet Nam we were asked to write our obituaries. Doing that put into perspective, the fact that we would all die at one time or another. We couldn't stop that. But we could control how we died, on our feet or on our knees. We all will lose our jobs at one time or another. This job will come to an end. I do my job with that in mind.
I'm not sure why this struck me the way that it did, but I'm glad it caught my attention. My jobs here on earth will come to an end. As I do them, I must ask myself how I want to be remembered in these jobs.? Do I want to be remembered for doing them with confidence in who God has created me to be or with fear of failure and rejection?

0 comments: