Summary of the 10 +10 Challenge

The 10 + 10 challenge is over and I have to agree with my pastor, it has changed my life. It has changed my perspectives on things and that is changing my life and how I live it.

Here are just a few of the changed perspectives.

  1. My marriage

    ~ Old perspective – I'll just pray that John figures out what we're supposed to do

    ~ New perspective – God show us what it is you're trying to teach us.

  2. My parenting

    ~ Old perspective – I hope my kids don't embarrass me with their behavior.

    ~ New perspective – God help us to teach our children about Your love for them, so that they will one day embrace our faith in You as their own.

  3. My friendships

    ~ Old perspective – How come no one ever notices when I'm having a hard day. No one cares.

    ~ New perspective – Which one of my friends needs an example of God's love today? God, use me to remind them how much You love them.

I like the changes I am seeing in myself and the environment around me. It's amazing how internally I had begun to think and how my surroundings were suffering because I was not available to help God meet needs. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm glad I'm no longer wasting time contemplating the importance of my navel and aware of the work God has for me to do.

0 comments: