California Missions


While we were in California, we visited the mission in Soledad of Mission Neustra Senora Dolorosisima de Soledad. I've included a link for those who are interested. I won't bore the rest of you with then details.

It was a very interesting location full of the history and scenery I totally dig.
It is quite ironic that the location was known for being a lonely location.

I learned from my father in law that the missions were distanced to be a days walking distance so that the priests could walk by day to their destination and have a place to stay when night fell.

The beams in this chapel are painted three different colors. I'm not sure why, maybe it's just to make it look pretty, but I did find it very interesting that every aspect of this chapel was paid attention in the reconstruction. If I find an answer I'll let you know.

0 comments: