Small Victories

I coach volleyball. I know some of you already know that, but for those of you who don't I coach. I've been avoiding the title, but yesterday I was proud to embrace it. I coach to play volleyball, but hopefully I am also coaching them to succeed in life. I always say, I could care less if they win a game if they lose at life. Small victories are more important in life when they motivate you to push yourself to be your personal best. I am learning something this season. We were ahead in a game and the girls were so excited. They were about to burst with excitement. It made me smile just to watch them. Their excitement was contagious. As they came in at a time out, called by the other team, I encouraged them to soak up the moment. Isn't that what it's about? Soaking up the moments of life, being in the moment and allowing yourself to get caught up in the emotion of it. We lost the game, but boy did we win a small victory. We soak up every second of that suspenseful game and they are ready for the next game.

0 comments: