Brutal Honesty

One of the things I love about my relationship with God is that He is so honest with me. Sometimes, I would rather not hear what He is saying, but it is all stuff that will help me to grow and develop as a godly person. Like the other day, when things weren't going how I had planned them to go, I complained to God that other people got to do things as they had planned. Why not me? He so lovingly pointed out that those people did a better job of organizing and executing their plans than I did sometimes. OUCH! Not what I wanted to hear. Or like the same day when I was complaining that if I had the tools I could do my job better. After all, other people got the tools they wanted and that was why they were so successful in their jobs....to which He responded, ever so lovingly, that those people could be trusted with what HE had given them. YIKES! Yes, I love how honest God is with me. I admit, I don't like it when He's honest with me in the moment, but in hindsight I realize He's probably right. After all, He's God, He must be right....right?

0 comments: