1 John 2:10

Yeah, so I am reading through first John this week. I never realized what a cool book it is. I've read parts of it before, but never with the focus I'm reading it with this time. The second chapter addresses how a person who lives in the light behaves as opposed to the person who doesn't live in the light. It speaks very clearly about our relationship with other people of faith and how we are to get along with each other which wasn't my favorite, but that's a different post.

The verse that stuck out to me yesterday was verse ten. My version reads "there is no destroying the faith of those who live in the light". I really liked the way my version reads because it assumes that an action results from living in the light. One could assume that becuase I live in the light my faith is untouchable, but I think there is a deeper meaning here. IF I am living in the light I will actively guard my faith. I will actively guard and protect my faith from unseen enemies who would desire to destroy the faith I cling to as my life source. Nothing is destroying it. Nothing.

0 comments: