Rose Canyon

Mount Lemmon. Ahhhh. My Sunday escape. Each week our family takes a Sabbath. My husband started this habit last year in an attempt to give me some quiet time to myself. It was intended to be a mini break for me, but ended up being a day of relaxation for them. I usually found some chore or odd job that needed to be done. It was not usually relaxing for me. This year, my husband invited me to join them. I hesitated at first. I am usually too prepared to just enjoy the kind of trip this is for them. But after prodding from all three of them, I conceded and up the mountain I went. My husband even bought a hammock for me so that I would be forced to relax. It works! Every Sunday I relax and prepare for the week ahead. It's been a nice addition to our lives and highly recommend a Sabbath for anyone. It's God's way of giving us permission to rest. He knew we needed it, that's why he made it a rule. The picture above was taken on the way up to Rose Canyon. The hubby thinks it looks like a volcano. We both think it is a gorgeous display of God's creativity.

0 comments: