Nothing Endures But Change

Things in our lives never go the way you expect. Heraclitus, a Greek philosopher, said this: Nothing endures but change. As I grow in my relationship with God I have noticed that He has a way of changing what I think about things. Let's take evangelism for example. I've always had this idea of evangelism as one of finding some poor lost soul to save, rescue, and deliver. I'm not so sure anymore that this is what I think. This week God is really calling me to explore five different phases He has been moving me through as I choose to be His tool in the lives of those around me. It is really messing with the way I see those who are lost and what role I play in those lives. I am learning more than I ever imagined and find myself both excited and apprehensive to move forward, but know that God has got a wonderful display of His glory waiting for me on the other side. I'm not going to post too much on this becuase it's really a personal experience I am having and it's not even worked out in me yet. God isn't done explaining it to me and I'd hate to present it incorrectly. If you are interested in hearing about it just grab me and I'll share it with you in person, but other than that I'll keep posting on the other things that are happening.

0 comments: