I Love Rocky!

Okay so those of you who know me, know I am a HUGE Rocky Balboa fan. The first three are great...the fourth is a little weak, but the final movie Balboa is just the icing (not the whipped cream junk, the full butter cream deliciousness) on the cake. I just watched it again for the fiftieth time and again I am inspired to go out and fight some unbeatable enemy regardless of my odds. In the movie Balboa, Rocky makes a statement that sums up our year so far.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
We are not on their knees. We are standing tall and confident in one thing...there is a God and He is taking care of us. Many of you know that our family has been going through the ringer during the last several months and have kept our family in your prayers. Thank you so much for that. God is answering prayers. He has taught us so much about our faith and our purpose in our community. He has allowed us to experience the love that surrounds us almost daily. The world may beat us to our knees, but now we understand that we are not obligated to stay there, because our God is supernatural.

0 comments: