A Good Year

The day finished out well despite it's rough start. We relaxed and enjoyed life. I was treated to a dinner with my husband at one of my favorite restaurants and taken out for dessert and a walk through Target. I know this sounds odd, but anytime my hubby and I have alone, together is great, even if we're doing some mild shopping. The conversation was excellent and I loved just getting to catch up with him. As we spoke I realized, I love my birthdays. It is a time I take to reflect over the past year. Before I turned 30 I wasn't too productive, so my birthdays left me feeling a bit empty. I felt as if I had just wasted another year of my life. Since my 30th birthday, I promised myself I would make the most of every year. I would live every year like it was the last year I had on earth. Since taking on this mindset, I have not looked back on my years with regret or shame. I have looked back on the years with pride and joy over what God has accomplished in my life. I did not waste another year. I did not quit this year. I did not sit back and take it easy. I did not hesitate to do the things I wanted to do. I loved with all of my heart, even though it was painful at times. I did not fear to speak my mind, even though it got me in trouble. This was a good year and I'm looking forward to another great year.

0 comments: